If you are a member of Cycling Australia (or an official, judge, coach or volunteer) and you have suffered an injury whilst participating in a cycling event/activity, please follow the simple steps below to lodge a Personal Injury Claim.
Please refer to the Policy Schedule and Wording for full terms, conditions and exclusions.
How to lodge a Personal Injury Claim
- Step 1: Download Cycling Australia’s Personal Injury Claim Form.
- Step 2: Complete ALL sections of the claim form. Please note: Incomplete claim forms may cause delays in processing your claim.
- Step 3: Send your completed claim form to SLE as soon as possible (within 30 days from the date of your injury). Do not wait until treatment is completed before lodging your claim.
- Step 4: SLE will confirm receipt of your claim form and provide you with a claim number.
- Step 5: Any further costs can be submitted to SLE* quoting this claim number.
* SLE Worldwide Australia Pty Ltd, (ABN 15 066 698 575, AFS Licence No. 237268) is the insurer and claims manager of the Marsh National Cycling Risk Protection Program’
The Health Insurance Act (Cth) 1973 does not permit the Insurer to contribute to any charges covered by Medicare (including the Medicare Gap).
|Examples of Non-Medicare Medical items.||Examples of items covered by Medicare.|
|Claimable as per the Policy Wording.||We can not reimburse you for these costs.|
|Private Hospital||Accomodation Anesthetist|
|MRI Scans*||MRI Scans*|
* Please note: MRI scans are generally claimable through Medicare, however sometimes the referrer and/or provider is not registered with Medicare. Please check with your treating physician prior to lodging your claim.
In addition, there will no refund in respect of:
- Any expenses recoverable by You from any other insurance scheme or plan providing medical or similar coverage or from any other source except for the excess of the amount recoverable from such other policies/plans.
- Any expense to which the National Health Act (Cth) 1953 or any of the regulations made there under apply.